Twitter was in despair last night as news spread that Charcoal Grill, the kebab shop opposite Hornchurch Tube Station, was on fire.
The kebab shop called Charcoal Grill opposite Hornchurch Station is on fire pic.twitter.com/bsKVFooGab
— Hornchurch Life (@HornchurchLife) October 11, 2014
This was first reported to HornchurchLife at 21:43 by Andrea Chapman and as word spread soon tributes to the kebab shop came in thick and fast:
— Tom Smith (@TomSmith11_) October 11, 2014
— David Sparkes (@TherealSparksy) October 11, 2014
The word on the street is that the fire was caused by an electrical fault and there were no injuries.
But it is unknown how long it will take for the shop to reopen, if that is possible