To celebrate 70 years of providing high-quality education, Havering College of Further and Higher Education is making a special appearance at the Intu Lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock, Essex.
The Havering College pop-up shop is open throughout June on Level 3 of the shopping centre in shop 120, opposite Costa and Thomson.
Maria Thompson, Principal at Havering College, explains more, “This is a big year for our college. We’re celebrating our 70th year of providing exceptional education opportunities to our local community and we’ve organised a whole range of commemorative events and engagement activities.
“The pop-up shop at Intu Lakeside is a great way for us to meet prospective students, and other members of our community, to share our story with them and tell them a little more about the exciting opportunities available at our college, both now and in the future. Current students and staff are on hand to answer questions and there will be a whole range of fun activities available for the whole community to get involved in.”
- Course information and advice from current students and staff
- Exclusive higher education course information and professional advice every Friday from 10 am to 6 pm
- Apprenticeship drop-in sessions: Mon-Fri 3 pm to 6 pm and Sat-Sun 12 pm to 5 pm
- Dedicated business days on the 19th and 20th where visitors can get a FREE headshot for their LinkedIn & other social media accounts
- Creative art exhibitions demonstrating the exceptional artwork produced by Havering College students
- National Selfie Theme Day on the 21st
“We’ve come a long way in 70 years. The College started life as a small community and health centre in post-war Britain where it was addressing the specific needs of the community at that time. Today, we continue to serve our community, but in a very different way. Our vibrant and popular college now offers over 360 courses and welcomes thousands of students each year.”